Under Texas law, UTPD officers have authority and responsibility to investigate all crimes occurring on the property owned or controlled by the university. UTPD officers are fully empowered by the state to stop vehicles, make arrests and enforce all laws. The department is responsible for patrolling:
- Main campus, 413 acres in central Austin.
- J.J. Pickle Research Campus, 415 acres eight miles northwest of campus.
- Brackenridge tract, a family student housing area and a biological field laboratory that occupies 350.23 acres along Lady Bird Lake (formerly Town Lake) in central Austin.
- Paisano Ranch, former home of J. Frank Dobie, a 254-acre tract southwest of Austin.
- Bee Caves Research Center, a 38-acre tract in West Austin.
Downloadable UT Main Campus Dispatch Map
View the UT Main Campus Dispatch Map