Communication operators are the vital link between the public and police officers. Their ability to coordinate, direct and record police activities ensures prompt officer response in emergency and routine situations.
Communication Operators may be entitled to supplemental pay:
- TCOLE Intermediate Communication Operator Pay $480 annually
- TCOLE Advance Communication Operator Pay $1,800 annually
- Shift Differential Pay for Evening and Night Shifts
- Spanish Language Proficiency Pay
- $41,600 yearly
- High school diploma or GED
- 18 years of age or older
- Criminal record free of felony convictions, good credit, stable employment history
- Valid driver’s license
- Able to read, write, and speak English
- Able to operate a hand-held radio
- Good physical condition, able to walk and/or stand for long periods
- Acceptable driving record and eligible to operate a university-owned vehicle in accordance with UTS 157
The University of Texas at Austin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, citizenship status, Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran's status, or sexual orientation.