The UTPD is proud to offer competitive compensation and excellent benefits.
- Staff Educational Benefit — covers the cost of tuition and fees for three undergraduate or graduate hours
- Overtime pay paid for hours in excess of 40/week
- Equipment and uniforms provided
- Teacher’s Retirement System
- Hazardous Duty Pay $10/month after first year of service
- Paid holidays, see the Holiday schedule from HRS
- Paid vacation starting at 12 days per year
- Sick leave 8 hours/month, unlimited accrual
- Worker’s Compensation Insurance
- Automatic Health Insurance Package (includes UT Medical Plan, prescription drug coverage, life insurance, hospitalization insurance, and accident insurance)
How to start the application process:
Complete and submit a resume-based application by visiting The University of Texas at Austin Human Resources.
Qualified applicants will be required to pass a variety of entrance and qualification examinations, including a Physical Fitness Test. Applicants will then complete an in-depth personal history application, and undergo a background investigation, interviews, and related examinations. The application process takes approximately 4-6 months.
When hired, police cadets attend the University of Texas System Police Academy. Upon completion of the Academy the officer must pass a State Licensing Exam. All officers undergo an extensive Field Training Program to prepare for their duties as a new officer.
The University of Texas at Austin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, citizenship status, Vietnam era or special disabled veteran's status, or sexual orientation.